Let me tell you what to do, when, why and how
1.Get expert help
2. Prepare everything you need at hand
3. Figure out the technique that makes you most comfortable.
4. Your nutrition is the key of lactation- getting the right food to help with lactation.
5. Getting enough rest is crucial for new moms. Get a shut eye whenever possible.
6. Emotional support from loved ones.
7. It takes time to ‘get it right’ so don’t be so hard on yourself.
8. Stay hydrated at all times with warm water/ avoid cold drinks.
9. Find the best feeding position that , avoid hunching as feeding period lasts about 10-30 minutes.
10. Stay mindful, breathing exercises helps soothes your nerves.
11. Avoid distraction as feeding time is when you bond the most with your baby. Oxytocin & Dopamine are released.
12. Have a positive mindset and be compassionate with yourself. Your baby feels all your emotions , happy or sad.
- Breastfeeding may be natural, but it doesn’t come easy.
- Mom’s breastfeeding journey should not be a struggle.
- Breastfeeding can be an enjoyable experience for both mom and baby, if you learn HOW
- Breastfeeding can get exhausting, overwhelming and stressful if not done correctly.
Worrying Does Not Empty Tomorrow Of Its Troubles, It Empties Today Of Its Strength.
Remember, breastfeeding might not be a once in a lifetime experience for you, but it is for your child.