Life is full of big, exciting events!
Birthdays, graduations, weddings, holidays—they’re all wonderful occasions that we look forward to. We get it: it’s easy to complain about the daily grind and wish you could just… crawl back into bed. But what if, instead of wishing for a quick escape from your day, you could bring some happiness into your routine in small, manageable ways? We’re here to tell you that it’s possible!
But life is made up of much more than these milestones. That’s why it’s important to make sure we find happiness throughout the day-to-day.
But how do we get there? Here are six tips to bring happiness into your daily routine!
- Start each day with gratitude and Set a positive intention each morning.
There are so many things in our lives to be thankful for!
Take a few minutes in the morning to think about three things you’re grateful for. This could be something as simple as your favorite mug or your best friend at work. On days when you’re feeling down, this exercise can also pull your mind back into a positive state of thinking. A great way to start the day is by setting an intention. For you, that might be to let go of all negativity, or to show love and compassion to everyone you meet. You can also make your kid’s day easier by setting an intention for them—like letting them know they should try their best at school today, or letting them know they are strong and brave.
- Don’t compare yourself to others.
We all have our own journeys in life, and that means not everyone is going to be at the same place at the same time—and that’s OKAY! Instead of comparing yourself with others, focus on improving yourself and being the best version of you possible. Keep your eyes on your own prize, and be patient with yourself during the process.
- You can only control what you do, not what others do, so don’t worry about it!
- Take deep breaths to calm your body and mind. You might have heard about breathing techniques for anxiety and stress before, but just how important are they? Really important! They help calm you down and give you a sense of control so you can get through whatever challenges you face that day. Try taking a few deep breaths every morning when you wake up, or whenever you need a little pick-me-up throughout the day.
- Celebrate your achievements with loved ones. When your kid brings home an A on his math test or gets invited to a birthday party by his best friend for the first time, celebrate! Applaud him for how awesome he is—and remind yourself how awesome YOU are every time you hit a goal in life too! Your kids will learn from example you set forth for them.
- Try singing or dancing in the shower to relieve stress before work/school/etc., or even just putting on some upbeat music while getting dressed in order to get into a positive mindset before heading out into the world!